Monday, August 13, 2012

SO many large objects

I just added in...
-cliffs
-stone fences
-trees
-house walls
-rocks
-grave stones

And maybe something else too? I forget.  But I also write a function to teleport heroes to the nearest grave stone object if they die.  Furthermore, I added 'warprifts' which are pairs of coordinates, designated in the map editor, that allow units to teleport in between seamlessly.  This will work well with ladders and other such objects. 
I am planning on making mobs drop crafting materials (metal scraps, pieces of wood, etc.) for the heroes to collect.  While they will have no inherent effect, I will make a DM guide designating the required materials for crafting certain items.  Then, DMs can look at this chart, remove materials from Heroes' inventories, and then add items to Heroes' inventories.  This way, the system is easily 'moddable' on the fly, and DMs can get creative with it.  Maybe a certain Hero is a more efficient crafter?  It is for you to decide, not the game!
This is the premise.  This is why I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment